Adding attendees to a mailing list
To automatically add your attendee contact details, like first name, last name and email address, and any other pertinent information to your mailing list, you have the option of a direct MailChimp integration or an integration through Zapier to the email marketing service of your choice.
Direct MailChimp Integration
If you use MailChimp, Corsizio provides you with the ability to send select data through direct integration with MailChimp. To enable this, follow these steps:
- Go to the account Settings and select Integrations from the left side menu.
- Select the MailChimp Integration option to enable it and provide the required details to integrate your account.
- Enter the API Key provided by MailChimp, which you may find here or read how to generate one, and provide the Audience ID (List ID), which is usually found within the Audience Settings on MailChimp as described in their help article on where to find the Audience ID.
- Once you provide the above information, select "Verify the integration and prepare the list". Corsizio will perform a check to see if it can reach the list on MailChimp, and also add a custom merge-field on that MailChimp list tagged as `EVENTID` which you can use to segment your list further on MailChimp if needed.
This integration will automatically add the email address from each registration to a MailChimp audience list of your choice. It will also send along the merge-fields `FNAME`, `LNAME`, and `EVENTID` as the First Name, Last Name, and the applicable Corsizio Event ID.
Integration through Zapier
If you use MailChimp or any other email marketing service, like AWeber, Constant Contact, or MailerLite, Corsizio provides you with the ability to integrate with these and other apps through Zapier.
To enable this, follow these steps:
- Go to the account Settings, and select Integrations from the left side menu.
- Select the Zapier Integration option to enable it, and select "Generate API Secret Key".
- Copy the generated API Secret Key to use in Zapier when asked to authenticate to Corsizio during the creation of Zaps.
- Be sure to Save integrations before leaving this area.
- Visit the Corsizio — Zapier Integration Page to explore some sample Zapier integrations or to create a zap and connect Corsizio to another app using Zapier.
Note: Only the account Owner or an Admin user on the account can configure Zapier integration within Corsizio. Once it is configured, the admin may share the API Secret Key with the appropriate person, if needed, to create zaps for their account.