Connecting a bank account for online payments
When you choose to accept online payments for event registrations from your attendees, you need to configure your banking information in order to get the payments sent to your bank account. In Corsizio, this is done through Stripe, which is a leading online payment processing service for internet businesses. We want you to get paid as soon as possible when you receive payments for registrations to your events, and Stripe makes that possible. Payments go directly from Corsizio through Stripe to your bank account. You get to configure your payout schedule with Stripe, and Corsizio never holds your funds in any escrow accounts. You don't need any special merchant bank account and no other payment gateways are needed.
Note: Each Corsizio account can only be connected to a single bank account through Stripe, which means that each Corsizio account can only have one Stripe account connected. Thus, it is not possible to split payments from one Corsizio account between two or more Stripe/bank accounts.
In this article
How to connect a bank account through Stripe
The setup to connect your bank account to Stripe is a single step in your Corsizio account, as follows:
- Go to the account Settings, and select Payment Settings from the left side menu. You will be presented with a screen that offers you the option to Connect with Stripe, and when you select this option a form will show up on the screen from Stripe.
Note: Be sure to set your account currency first and "Save payment settings". Otherwise, the option to "Connect with Stripe" will not be available as this information is required to set your Stripe account.
- If you already have a Stripe account, use the login option to connect your existing Stripe account with Corsizio.
- If you do not have a Stripe account or would like to create another one, fill out the form with your business and banking information. Each supported country has a few different requirements, so be sure to select the correct country you are operating in using the country dropdown field on the form first. Then, fill out the rest, which includes the Business Type, Business Address, Legal Name, and Bank Account. This step creates a new Stripe account for you, which you can log into anytime to view all of your transactions and make updates to your information when needed.
- When you have finished this step, you will be sent back to Corsizio fully integrated and ready to accept online payments for your events through Corsizio, and straight to your bank account securely.
Note: For the highest level of security and compliance, Corsizio encrypts all traffic coming in and out of the platform, and no credit card or banking information is ever stored on our servers.
Why Corsizio uses Stripe
When are payments received?
What are online payment processing fees?
- For specific information about the online payment processing fees based on your country, please see our help doc: Online payment service fees.
- To learn how you may be able to save on these fees, please see our help doc: How to save on online payment service fees.
Why other payment processors are not used
- Stripe is a global company.
- It is free to have a Stripe account; there are no hidden fees.
- There is no need to have or pay for a specific merchant account.
- Your funds are not held in any escrow accounts.
- Stripe deposits your funds directly into your connected bank account on a frequency set by you.
- Stripe processes both purchases and refunds for you and allows you to make and receive payments.
- Stripe integrates easily and seamlessly with Corsizio.