Charging taxes on events
Depending on where you are located in the world, your governing tax laws, and the nature of your business, you may need to charge your attendees taxes on your events. In Corsizio, you can accomplish this by setting a default tax rate for your account and then enabling the tax feature for each even that it applies to. If you operate in the European Union, then also see European Tax - VAT.
In this article
How to Charge Taxes on Events
To charge taxes on events, follow these steps:
- Go to your account Settings, and then select Payment Settings.
- In the Currency and tax settings, select your currency, if you have not already. Each account can only be associated with one currency that applies to all events in that account. To learn about multiple currency needs, see Currencies accepted for online payments.
Fill in the
Tax default rate and
Tax label. You can always override these on an event-specific level.
Note: If you are not charging any tax and you need to make your attendees aware of this, you can leave the tax rate as zero and enable tax on the individual events, also with a tax rate of zero. This will visually show tax information on receipts, and inform your attendees that no tax was collected.
- Fill in your Tax business number / ID, which will be shown along with the tax rate on your customer's receipt, and optionally your Tax business address.
When you have finished with this section be sure to
Save payment settings.
- Next, enable the tax feature on your Events. Go to Step 2 – Pricing & Payment when you are creating or editing any event that requires a tax.
- Check the box Collect tax on payment to enable this for the event, and override the tax rate if needed.
When you are finished configuring this step be sure to
Save & Exit, or proceed to the next step.
Note: Your account Reports will provide a breakdown of all of your totals, including how much of your funds have gone towards any taxes. For best results with reporting, set up your event pricing properly before you start accepting registrations.
How to Include Taxes in the Event Price Display
- Go to your account Settings, then select Configurations, and then Portal Site on the left side.
- Navigate down to the Price Display Options section and check the box "Include any taxes in the display price labels on generated pages" to enable this feature for all of your events.
- Be sure to Save site setup before leaving this area .
How Taxes Show Up on Attendee Receipts