Notification emails sent to attendees
As part of Corsizio's event registration and payment process, your attendees are sent automatically-generated emails. This help doc will show you how to preview most of these automated emails and learn more about their functionality.
In this article
What Notification Emails are Sent to Attendees
Corsizio's automatically-generated emails may include the following, depending on your event setup:
- A confirmation receipt email: These are mandatory, and are sent for every new registration, including when you transfer an attendee from another event or a waiting list.
- An event reminder email: These are optional, see Step 5 — Filters & Settings, to enable them.
- A payment request email: These are optional, see Step 2 — Pricing & Payment, to enable them.
- A feedback request email: These are optional, see Step 5 — Filters & Settings, to enable them.
- A registration cancellation email: These are optional, but highly recommended, and are sent whenever an attendee's registration is canceled to an event.
- A refund email: These are optional, but highly recommended, and are sent whenever there is a partial or full refund issued.
Note: The emails you receive as a user are not the same as the emails sent to your attendees. Your notification emails will come from Corsizio, and your attendees will receive emails with your branding and your account name as the "From" name of the email.
How to Preview Attendee Emails
- Option 1: Use a sample attendee from the sample data that we provide you with. This sample data is available when you create a Corsizio account to allow you to explore, experiment, play, test, and understand how Corsizio works and how to use it. Aside from seeing what an event or attendee registration would look like in your dashboard and the options you have to manage them, this also provides you with the ability to preview any of the above-mentioned emails. You can remove or bring back this sample data anytime with one click from your account Settings.
- Option 2: Register yourself or a fictitious person as a test attendee to an event. This can be a real or sample/test event. Just be sure to use your real email address or you will not receive the emails you wish to preview.
- Option 3: Use a real, already registered event attendee. This is possible if you already created an event and began to accept or add registrations.
- When you register a test attendee using your own email address, you get to see what a confirmation/receipt email will look like.
- If you make the test event have a shortly upcoming date, and you enable automatic reminders to be sent by email to all attendees a number of days prior to the start date (Step 5 — Filters & Settings), then you will see what an event reminder email looks like.
- If you cancel the test registration and process a refund for the test attendee, you get to see what the registration cancellation and refund emails look like.
How to Preview Memo Emails
There is one more optional type of email that your attendees may receive — memos, which may be connected to a specific attendee or an entire event. To learn about using memos, read Messaging attendees with memos.
Select Attendee Memos
If you choose to communicate with a specific attendee by sending them a memo, you can preview this memo when you finish drafting it using the "Save & Preview" button. It is accessible from the same Actions menu, as seen above.
Entire Event Memos
If you choose to communicate with all attendees within an event by sending them all a memo at once, you can preview this memo the same way using "Save & Preview" when you finish drafting it. The Memos option for an event is found in the left side-bar menu of a selected event, under View. Any memos that you have sent to select or individual students within that event will also be shown here.
How to Send a Confirmation Receipt to a Secondary Email Address
How to Send Notification Emails to Staff
For more information on this topic, please refer to the help doc: Notification emails for instructors.