Corsizio can be used to offer a variety of free and paid events. If some or all of your events have no cost, and are free, this help doc will explain how these work on Corsizio and address special configurations related to free events.
In this article
- Fees associated with free events
- How to create a free event
- How to configure public pages for free events
Fees associated with free events
Regardless if you offer free or paid events, all users get access to all features, support, security, and data storage. Corsizio aims to provide all users with the highest amount of value for the lowest cost, and thus offers usage billing for processing registrations on a pay-per-use and volume basis.
Free events will only be subject to usage billing fees, if your registrations go over the free low-volume limit of 50 registrations in any given month.
If your events are free and you do not need to collect any payments for them, they are not subject to any online payment processing service fees.
How to create a free event
A free event is created in the same way as a paid event, using Corsizio's simple 5-step process. The differentiating factor is that users enter a "0" in the price field of the event when configuring Step 2 — Pricing & Payment.
Note: The add-ons feature can be used on free events. If you will be collecting online payment for the add-ons as part of the free event, it will be subject to online payment processing fees.
How to configure public pages for free events
If you have free events, your audience will see the pricing for these displayed as follows:
- Free events will have the word "Free" beside the event on your portal site.
- Free events will have the word "Free" beside the register button at the top of your event page.
- Free events will have a "Price Details" section showing zero on the registration forms.
Remove price display
If you would like to remove the "Free" word from the portal site and event pages, as well as the "Price Details" section from the registration form, you can do this as follows:
- Go to your account Settings, then select Configurations, and then Portal Site on the left side.
- In the Price Display Options, check the box "Hide any free ($0) pricing labels on generated pages".
- Save site setup before you leave this configuration area.
Note: Any internal areas in the account that you see as a user will still show a price of "0" where applicable for your reference.