Events with pricing add-ons
If you need or would like to offer your attendees additional items when they register to your events, you can do this with the add-on feature. This feature can be used to sell something related to your event when your customers are registering, or it can be used if you need to charge any additional fees on top of the event price. Add-ons are configured specifically for each event and do not apply account-wide across multiple events. You can make each add-on be optional or required for your customers, and enable or disable it anytime.
In this article
Examples of add-ons
- Resource materials, such as books, manuals, or DVDs.
- Tools and props, such as a yoga mat, paint set, or clay.
- Hospitality items, such as meals or accommodations.
- Additional services, such as a personal coaching or massage session.
- Service fees, such as online payment service fees, administrative fees, or membership fees.
How to use add-ons
To enable add-ons for a specific event, follow these steps:
- Go to Step 2 – Pricing & Payment when you are creating or editing the event that you want to offer an add-on for.
Check the box
"Include add-ons on top of the above cost". You can enable or disable add-ons on an event at any time.
"Add-on item" selected fill in the add-on label and price. If you choose to make this a required add-on, check the box
"Make this add-on required". You have the option to disable or remove an add-on from the event at any time.
"Show additional options" to provide an optional short description of your add-on that will tell your customers more about this add-on, and to access other add-on configurations.
"Limit the total available units for this add-on" if you have a limited quantity of the add-on available. This will prevent the total number of units sold from going over your available inventory based on the limit you set
"Allow the entry of a quantity for this add-on" if you would like to give your customers the option on the event registration form to choose how many units of the add-on that they would like to purchase. Leave the
Quantity Limit box blank if customers can buy unlimited units up to the total available limit you set or
set a quantity limit to control the maximum number of units that can be purchased per registration.
Know that you do not have to limit the total available units in step 5 to be able to use the "entry of quantity" option explained in step 6. Both of these options can be used independently of each other depending on your needs.
- When you are finished configuring this step be sure to Save & Exit, or proceed to the next step.
Note: You can also create custom add-ons for select attendees after they have registered for your event. Whether you have enabled add-ons on an event or not, there may be an item that specifically applies to or is desired by a particular attendee. By modifying the payment on their registration information panel, you can insert a custom add-on and send them an updated receipt.
How other pricing features impact add-ons
- Multiple Price Categories: You can enable both multiple price categories and add-ons for an event. The add-ons apply to all pricing categories the same way.
- Early Bird: You can enable both early-bird pricing and add-ons for an event. The two features do not impact each other, as the early-bird price only applies to the event price and not any add-ons.
- Coupons: You can enable both coupons and add-ons for an event, but coupons apply to the price of the event only. They do not apply or provide any discounts to add-ons.
- Volume Discounts: You can enable both volume discounts and add-ons for an event, but volume discounts only apply to the price of the event. They do not apply or provide any discounts to add-ons.
How add-ons are displayed
When a person registers to one of your events that has any add-ons enabled, they will be presented with this information as follows:
On the event page
In addition to what you write about any event add-ons in the event description, an automatic label will show up below the price to inform your customers that the event has available add-ons.
On the registration form
The registration form will present your customer with a list of any Available Add-ons under Price Details. Required add-ons will be automatically selected, whereas optional add-ons will be unchecked unless your customer selects them.
If you configured your event to allow your customers to purchase multiple units of any available add-ons, then these will show up for your customers with quantity selectors.
On the confirmation receipt email
The receipt will provide your customer with a price breakdown that clearly lists each add-on and its price.