Adding images and videos to event pages
In this article
How to add an event cover image or video
- When you finish the 5-step event creation process, you are presented with the Event Details page, which has the event photo/video area. You can also navigate to the Event Details page anytime by selecting the event you wish to edit from the list of events in the Events menu.
Scroll down, below the event stats, where you will find the content of the event and its other configurations, including a section for the event cover photo and video, as shown below:
- To add a cover photo, use the Upload option and select the image file from your computer. The image file must be in one of the following formats with a matching file extension: JPG, PNG, GIF, or SVG.
- To add a cover video, use the Video Overlay option and paste the HTML video embed code from YouTube, Vimeo, or a similar service that provides an IFRAME format. If you are using a YouTube video, you can just paste the video's URL address.
Cover photo and video tips
- A cover photo does not require a video, but a video can benefit from also having a cover photo uploaded, which will provide a visual background for the embedded video.
- If you need to remove or change the cover photo, you can completely delete it or upload another one to replace it.
- If you need to remove or change the cover video, select it and clear the embed text field to delete it or replace the code with a new one and save.
- For best results, the uploaded photo should have dimensions of around 1200 pixels in width and around 600 pixels in height to maintain a nice 2:1 display ratio of a rectangle. Keep the focal point in the center of the image, if it matters, as it will be displayed inside a bounding box on different screen sizes with the top and bottom of the image clipped as needed.
If you experience color degradation (like whites becoming gray) after uploading your photo, it may be because you are using a very large image with large dimensions or resolution. Try to resize your image first to have a resolution around 1200 pixel wide at 72dpi or 96dpi in resolution as a PNG or JPG format, and that will prevent the skewing of whites/colors as our servers compress the image to be optimized for web use with smaller file size.
How cover photos are displayed
For this reason, it is best to upload a photograph that sets the mood of the event and does not have any text in a specific position added to it, as it may get cut off. The center of the image is always visible, so you can always make sure that the focal point of the image is very close to or in its center. Any text that you want to share with your audience should be part of the event description field that you fill out as part of Step 3 — Description & Content for the event and not the event cover photo itself. A small statement or a few words in the center of the image would work fine if really needed, but generally text on cover photos does not.