Attaching or adding links to external files
Many text box areas in Corsizio allow you to format the content based on your needs using Markdown formatting, and some also accept basic HTML. These text areas include:
- The top and bottom message bar of the event portal site
- Event summaries and descriptions
- Custom messages on emails
How to attach or add links to external files
If you need to show or attach any files to any of the above-mentioned text areas, like images, videos, or documents, you can do so using links to external files hosted on other public document storage services, like Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud, Cloudup, your own website's file storage, or any other cloud storage service.
- To add an image, and have it show directly in the desired text area, you need the image to be hosted through a third party image hosting service like Dropbox, Cloudup, or Google Drive, or on your website and make sure that it is publicly available on the Internet. Then, use its direct URL address as part of the Markdown image format or simple HTML to insert the image in your desired text area.
Copy either code exactly as you see it above, and simply replace the example URL with your specific image URL above. Replace the words "image title" with the title of your image. The image title is for SEO purposes for you and will not be visible to your audience.
- To add a video, and have it show directly in the desired text area, you need the video to be hosted on YouTube or a similar video hosting service and use their HTML IFRAME embed codes. Be sure to have a blank line above and below your embed code.
- If you just want to link to an image or video or another file, like a document, then all you need is its URL and use the Markdown link format to insert the link to it in your desired text area. Links can also be formatted using Markdown to make them look nicer, rather than just inserting a plain URL address.
Note: Corsizio does not host files like PDFs, images, videos, or other documents on its platform, but you have complete flexibility to link to any document or web page accessible publicly on the web. Some file hosting services will even provide a unique URL to your document that only someone who has the URL would be able to access.
Other event additions
- To learn how to add links to external files on registration forms specifically, refer to the help doc Including terms, policies, and waivers on registration forms.
- To learn how to add social media links and its logo images on your event page, refer to the help doc Integrate Corsizio with social media.