Failed or Declined Payments
In rare cases, a payment may fail for you as a Corsizio user or for your customers when they try to register to your events using Corsizio. This may happen for a number of reasons, which will be explained in this help doc.
Note: Corsizio is a company based in Canada, and often, the most common reason for a failed or declined payment is that the credit card company or bank does not allow cross-border usage. If this is the case, you or your customer will need to contact the credit card company or bank to authorize the transaction.
Declined payment reasons
If you or your customer receive any kind of message that indicates that a transaction is prevented from going through, it can be for any of the following reasons:
- If the payment card is near or above its credit limit, then payments will be declined for "insufficient funds." In such a case, a different card will be required to make the payment, or other arrangements will need to be made to increase or free up the credit limit.
- If the payment card is a debit card, then keep in mind that some debit cards require a PIN to be entered. In such a case, a different card will be required to make the payment as there is no option to enter a PIN online.
- If the payment card has cross-border restrictions, then it may not allow a payment to go through that is being processed in another country. In such a case, the bank will need to be contacted to remove the restriction or authorize the payment.
- If the payment is failing upon card validation before the charge is even able to go through, then it may be due to the bank blocking the attempt to tokenize the card to make a payment. In such a case, the bank will need to be contacted to whitelist Stripe to allow us to even create a token for a card validation so that a payment charge can be processed.
- If the payment card is an HSA or FSA card, such as corporate cards or FSA cards, then keep in mind that these can only be used for certain business categories, like travel or healthcare, and will not be authorized for other purchases.
- If any kind of fraudulent activity is detected with the associated payment card, then payment will fail or be declined. In such a case, the bank will need to be contacted to resolve the matter.
If there is any other, unknown reason why the card payment is failing, then the cardholder must contact the issuing bank to find out why their payment is being declined to resolve the problem or use a different card.
Note: When a payment fails during registration, then the registration never happens and the attendee will need to use a different payment option, if available, in order to proceed. The payment processing must always take place before the actual registration is finalized and recorded in the system.
Failed usage billing payment
As a Corsizio user, you need to enable usage billing to accept more than 50 registrations per month. If your usage billing payment was declined by your card issuer for the previous month's usage on Corsizio, then you will need to make other arrangements to ensure that your bill is paid and your account is in good standing.
Most often, failed usage billing payments occur due to insufficient funds or certain card restrictions. The best way to solve this is to contact your card issuer for more information and to resolve the issue. You can also change your billing card to a different one if that would be more appropriate in your case, and the payment will be retried immediately.
If you leave the same card on file, our system will retry the payment again in a few days from the last failed attempt, but only up to 3 times. We hope that you can resolve the issue before then, and prevent your account from being locked automatically. Contact us if you have any questions, and to make sure your account stays in good standing to continue being able to accept registrations.