Events with multiple price categories
If you offer events that have distinct pricing for different audience members, Corsizio provides you with the ability to offer multiple-price categories on registration forms. This feature is configured and enabled per event, not account-wide, and you can customize and label multiple price categories any way you need for your event.
In this article
Multiple price category uses
Here are some examples of when multiple price categories may be required for an event:
- Age-related pricing options, such as Child, Adult, and Senior
- Status-related pricing options, such as Member and Non-Member
- Time-related pricing options, such as Half Day, Full Day, and Full Weekend
- Package-related pricing options, such as Single Class, 3 Class Pass, and 5 Class Pass
- Sliding scale options, such as High Income Full Cost, Mid Income Reduced Cost, Low Income Reduced Cost OR Standard Fee, Reduced Fee, Minimum Fee
How to use the multiple price category feature
To enable this feature for an event, follow these steps:
- Go to Step 2 – Pricing & Payment when you are creating or editing the event that you want to have the multiple price categories.
Fill in the price of your first price category, and include an optional description if you need to explain who meets the requirements for this price point.
- Select "Add another price category" and fill in its required information. When you add another price category, you will also be given the option to label each price category and sort the price categories in the order that you would like them to show up on your event registration form, and enable or disable each one separately at any time.
Continue the process of adding price categories until you have as many as you need. If you change your mind about any price category that you have added, you always have the option to remove it.
- When you are finished with this event step be sure to Save & Exit or proceed to the next event step.
How other pricing features impact multiple price categories
- Early Bird: This can be customized for each pricing category. Each price category can have its own unique early-bird price enabled or disabled.
- Coupons: You can enable coupons for multiple-price category events in the same way as any single-price category events. Enabled coupons will apply to the event price, regardless of what price category an attendee selects.
- Volume Discounts: If a volume discount is enabled, it will count all registrations for that event in the same way. This means that different price categories can be registered within a registration flow and count towards the volume discount.
- Add-ons: You can offer as many add-ons as you need for the event and they will all show up on the registration form the same way, regardless of what price category an attendee selects. If you need to differentiate add-ons in some way, such as what price category should correspond to what add-on, you can do this by providing a short description of each add-on when configuring it. Keep in mind that coupons and volume discounts do not apply to add-ons.
How multiple price categories are displayed
- On the event page and event portal site, your customers will see the lowest price option listed (including any early-bird pricing that may be in effect), preceded by the word "from".
- On the registration form, your customers will see all of the price options in the order that you present them (including any early-bird pricing and descriptions).
- In the Attendees section of your event, you have the option to filter by price category to quickly and easily locate attendees from within any of your price categories.