Manual registrations to events
Most of your event registrations will likely come automatically when your attendees register themselves online directly to your events. However, you may also have the need to register attendees manually yourself from within your account. This may happen if your customer calls you by phone to register them or if you have walk-ins or if you have someone who may not be able to register themselves online.
How to register an attendee manually
- Go to the event to which you need to register an attendee. You can use the search bar to find the event or use the Events list from the main navigation menu to locate it.
- Select Attendees from the left side menu to add a new one or simply use the direct option in the Actions menu to "Register a new attendee".
Attendees menu > Add New Attendee
- A new registration form panel will open for you to fill out with the attendee's information. It also provides you with the option to add an internal note or remark for yourself about this manual registration, if needed.
- If the event has a cost associated with it, this form will also present you with various payment options, including the ability to add a coupon code (if enabled) and process credit card payment now (if enabled), skip credit card payment to pay later or pay offline, exempt owing amount and register for FREE, or pay a deposit only (if enabled).
- You have the option to "Send a confirmation receipt" to the attendee (recommended), and a copy to yourself if needed before you finalize the manual registration.
- Choose "Skip credit payment to pay later or pay offline" to bypass the payment section when you are registering them manually.
- Once you have their registration processed, go to their attendee details panel and select the Payment tab to add a new payment. You will have the option to select the amount and payment method and add a short description.
To learn more about this process, read the help doc Accepting offline payments.