Adding manual payments
There are many ways that you can receive payments from your attendees when they register for your events. This can be as online payments by debit or credit card or as offline payments using any method of payment that you accept, like cash, check, credit card, debit, or money transfer. You can also choose to accept deposits or any other partial payments, in addition to full amount payments.
In some of these cases, you will need to add manual payments to the attendee's registration. This will ensure accurate reporting and proper business practices for you. Manual payments also provide the option to have the system send a receipt email to the attendee, which ensures that they too have a proper record of their registration and any payments made on it.
Manual payments do not have any costs associated with them unless you are processing a credit card using Corsizio, in which case the online payment service fees apply.
Manual payment needs
- You receive payment offline, directly from your attendees, in the form of cash, check, etc.
- You receive a credit card payment by phone or in-person to be processed on Corsizio.
- You receive a credit card payment that you processed using your own payment terminal.
- You initially collect deposits online and then collect the remainder of the pending payment offline.
- You collect payment in installments offline.
- You would like to have a merchant-like terminal to accept credit card payments at the event or at any other time.
How to add manual payments
To apply or add manual payments, follow these steps:
- Locate the attendee registration that you need to add a payment. You can do this in one of several ways: use the search bar to find the attendee by name (easiest), search for the attendee from within your attendees' list, or search for the attendee within the event that they are registered to.
- Open the attendee's registration panel and select the Payment tab, where you will find the option to Add a new payment.
Fill in the information for the New manual payment. This would include the amount you received, which may be different from the total event cost, and an optional payment description.
- For an online credit card payment, choose "Process Credit Card Now" as the payment method.
- For any offline payments, choose one of the other payment methods: Offline Credit Card, Gift Certificate, Credit Voucher, Debit, Transfer, Check, Cash, or Other.
- Check the box "Send payment receipt" to notify your customer of the transaction and provide them with a receipt for their records. You may also select the option of sending yourself a copy of the receipt if desired.
- Select "Save payment" to complete the transaction.
Note: For optimum security, Corsizio does not save any credit card data. If your attendee pays in installments or requires some additional charge, which they would like on their credit card, they must input or give you the number directly each time. It is your responsibility to handle that credit card number with utmost security.