Phone SMS Text Messages
Corsizio will automatically send your attendees a confirmation receipt when they register. You also have the option to have Corsizio automatically send out an event reminder to all attendees before the event starts, additional payment or refund receipts, and feedback requests, depending on how you configure an event.
If you have another important requirement for communicating with the people who registered for an upcoming or ongoing event, about that specific event, beyond the options mentioned above, you can use the memo feature.
Corsizio does not support any texting or SMS notification features. We aim to keep our users' costs as low as possible and such a feature would require an integration with a third-party messaging service and its own pay-per-use fees. Most users do not realize how costly such a texting feature is and how much complexity it would add to the user dashboard, including privacy and security complications. For these reasons, you cannot use Corsizio to text message your attendees, but you can use your own messaging services outside of Corsizio as explained below.
Texting or sending an SMS outside of Corsizio
Option 1: Use your own mobile phone
If you need to communicate by text with any individual attendee who is registered for one of your events, you can accomplish this outside of Corsizio using your own mobile phone device, as follows:
- Collect phone numbers from your attendees using the built-in telephone form field (not a custom form field) on your event registration forms.
- Log into your Corsizio account in a web browser on your mobile device.
- Select the attendee you need to communicate with by text and open their registration panel. You can locate the attendee using the search bar or go to the Event > Attendees list to which they are registered.
- On the attendee's registration panel, you will see a "Call" and a "Text" button in two areas: below their name near the top and next to the phone number field lower down.
- By clicking on the "Text" button your default SMS application should open on your smartphone and enable you to text that individual outside of Corsizio. You can do the same by clicking on "Call" if you prefer to call them.
Option 2: Use an external messaging service
Another option that can provide you with the ability to text an individual or a group of attendees at once is to use an external messaging service outside of Corsizio. To accomplish this you will need to do the following:
- Collect phone numbers from your attendees using either the built-in telephone form field or a custom form field on your event registration forms.
- Export the attendee data with the phone numbers out of Corsizio.
- Import or add the data as applicable to your chosen messaging service software. Here is a list of SMS Marketing Software providers listed on Software Advice that you can explore to find what may best suit your needs.
Note: Corsizio is not intended to be used as a marketing platform. If you would like to communicate with your attendees about your future events, any promotions, or any other topics, you need to do this through a proper email marketing platform, like Mailchimp, Constant Contact, MailerLite, or AWeber, or a proper SMS marketing platform as mentioned above.