Important questions to consider before creating an event
Gaining mastery of your subject area, being organized, and exhibiting passion are all essential for creating successful events. With the right skills, you are then ready to move on to the actual planning and execution stages of your events. This is where you will want to consider the logistical aspects of running events to help ensure that everything goes smoothly for you and your attendees.
1. What location will you choose for your event(s)?
2. How will you attract the right audience?
3. What resource materials should you make available to your audience?
4. What obstacles or unexpected circumstances may you have to plan for or deal with?
- Will you have to factor in any inclement weather potential? If so, how will you deal with it?
- If your event offers or deals with food in any way, are you ready for any allergies or specific dietary requirements that may be needed?
- If your event is associated with the outdoors, how prepared will you be to handle any medical emergencies that may arise?
- If your event is online and uses a third-party service, how will you prepare for any technical issues that may arise?
- How will you ensure you don't run out of room or materials at your event?
- How will you handle any refunds? And so on.